snakeskin styling overkill?

The look in question are my gorgeous vintage Russell & Bromley real snakeskin courts teamed with snakeskin socks. 
It is probably a bit much but I quite like how it is a kind of jokey combination.  Fuck double denim we're talking double snakeskin here.  They are quite a serious, grown up type shoe for me and wanted to inject some goofiness.  Seems fine.
The shoes come courtesy of the mother bear, she was clearing the wardrobe and came across these lovelies. 
I was quick to snap them up of course.  Way back when, she was once a Russell & Bromley shop girl, wishing she had more swag too show for it though considering we are ditto size. 
Gave the shoes a little t l c, a re-heel and what not, the leather soles will need to be done at some point too, when the funds allow.
I know its a bit much but I just couldn't help but team the shoes with nude snake skin socks.  The socks in question were once actually tights but not being a massive wearer of patterned tights, thought I'd give them a new lease of life.  Find patterned tights, especially in light colours, are not the most flattering on anything but stick legs, which *sigh* I am not blessed with.  

Talking of actual snakeskin overkill look too Couture Maison Martin Margiela and the Artisanal line for AW10.
MMM Haute Couture AW2010 photo by Emmanuel Sarnin



Had a little try on with the black sheer polka dot and the grey wool ankle socks too, for a more standard affair of the heart.
Anyway have decided they are a winning sock shoe, shame now that the warm is over.  Time to invest in some knee highs me thinks, especially with the sanctioning of MMM on the snakeskin for winter...