park times

The occassion, celebrating pals birthdays with Pimms, homemade scones and cucumber sandwiches.

The setting, already far more civilised than the usual park times and the 3 C’s, cider, crisps and cigarettes in London Fields. Blankets laid out upon one of the grassy verges in the beautiful Rose Gardens in Regents park. Surrounded by roses, named all lovely, romantic, strange things.

A civilised time was being had by all.  That was until a suggestion, we move out onto the green with the intention of some group fun, Rounders and Frisbee.

And admittedly being the heels in the park kind of girl I am, I was worried.  A chunky wedge platform heeled type shoe, mind.  Even so this presented me a problem that I dont usually incur, because playing sports in the park hasn't been on the agenda since those pre-teen, organised, wholesome fun, family imposed times.

But luckily organised games require organisation and so in the lazy late afternoon sun what we actually ended up playing wasn't sports at all it was a homage to playground days and innocence in the form of leap frog and the okey kokey.

I was of course bare foot, must I hasten to add.

A group of 20somethings playing party games a strange sight to behold I’m sure, but surprisingly brilliant fun, its always the stupid silly things right?