a really long walk.

Inspired by my recent twilight trip to the Tate Modern, I wanted to recognise one of the works I saw, As long as I am walking… by Francis Alÿs. (Saturday's late night opening hours provide perfectly spontaneous civilised times, and a stark contrast to the usual ridiculousness). The exhibition, A Story of Deception is one of the strongest shows I’ve seen this year. It’s on until the 5th of September – GO AND SEE IT.

Although probably rife with context and deep meanings I just really enjoyed the kooky drawings, installations and short video works that weren’t just aesthetically lovely but tinged with humour. (But I would recommend checking this link out to read a proper
synopsis as not sure I’m really doing the show justice).

It is a very endearing exhibition and a bit of an underdog running alongside the more obvious, Exposed... photography exhibition, which has had more of a buzz about it, which I quite frankly thought was rather mundane.

So anyway in tribute, I went on a really long walk today and I didn't do any of the below. Seems fine.

Francis Alÿs, As long as I am walking, 1992











































Francis Alÿs, As long as I am walking, 1992